Saturday, April 13, 2013

The long process to creating something old.

Back at this little 1/44 scale diorama I started last year, today i'm working on removing the salt which I built up over 2 layers of acrylic with a base coat of silver enamel (for durability while working) hopefully.
I will probably spend the rest of the day hand painting/washing/pigmenting this little bugger, I still haven't quite decided how much rust effects I want to go with since this is futurist robot metal..but the chemicals in the paint might be a decent excuse to add a touch here and there.

From the reference photo of the surroundings for this, I feel like I have a hella long road to travel..but we shall see.






                               The reference for the city im going to try and achieve:




No comments: