Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Dad's Old Trick (1980's Scale RailRoading).IS NOT SO "RUSTY" AFTER ALL!

I promised myself that I would continue straight forward with this BUT.... I had to SHARE THIS!
                                           
                                            Stage 3 of 4


Another Reference


STAGE 2 AND STAGE 3 COMPARISONS.
                                         stage 2 (AFTER THE SALT REMOVAL)


                                        
                                           stage 3



This technique was taught to me by my dad when I was 10yrs old, funny how I remembered it while in the process of weathering .
The only problem is I doubt that this process will work on MECHA kits, seeing as though you have to SPRAY THINNER all over it during the 2nd Stage........Maybe I will try it one day...but for now.. it gave me exactly what I wanted for this.
                                           

No comments: